Many homeowners love the radiant warmth, charm, and look of a real fire, but simply don’t have the space or lifestyle to make sense of a wood-burning stove or insert. If you’re longing for the high heat output of wood with the eco-friendliness of gas, you don’t have to choose! Pellet stoves and inserts are perfect for homeowners who want to burn greener and cleaner, while still enjoying some of the convenience traditionally associated with gas appliances.
- Pellet stoves and inserts run off of pellets, which are composed of saw dust, bark, wood chips, and other renewable materials. These pellets are condensed, making for a more complete burn meaning more heat with less fuel, less particle emissions, and, if properly maintained and used, no creosote.
- Pellets provide the realistic, dancing flames that wood-burning lovers long for.
- Pellets can be purchased in several different sized bags, so there’s no need to clean out a much needed space in your garage to make room for your fuel. Simply buy a bag that makes sense for your space and your plans for using the stove or insert.
- Most pellet stoves and inserts are self-igniting and have automatic hoppers and thermostats. That means more control, with less effort.
- Many pellet stoves and inserts have automatic safety shutoffs should something go wrong.
These stoves and inserts also come in a wide assortment of styles, so whether you long for the traditional stove look or want something more contemporary, there are plenty of excellent stoves and inserts to choose from.