Outdoor Wood Boiler Service
If you use an outdoor wood boiler, you know the many benefits these units bring. Yet, as with all wood-fueled appliances, your wood boiler needs regular cleaning and inspections to keep those benefits coming. Chimney Solutions of Indiana provides outdoor wood boiler service. This can improve the efficiency of your boiler while giving you time to do other important things.
Outdoor Wood Boiler Issues
Well-built outdoor boilers are designed to provide many years of exceptional service in heating your home and your home’s water. However, the time may come when you start noticing performance problems that need to be addressed.
Common signs that it’s time for outdoor wood boiler cleaning and service include:
- Glazed creosote dripping through doors and side walls
- General poor performance from the unit
- Door has become difficult or impossible to close fully
- Black smoke coming from the boiler
- Chimney not venting properly
When a boiler shows these and other signs of trouble, the unit needs to be looked at by a technician.
Why Have Chimney Solutions Clean Your Outdoor Wood Boiler
The experienced crew at Chimney Solutions is ready year-round to help with your boiler cleaning, inspection and service needs. Why should you have us clean your boiler? Here are five reasons.
- We bring extensive experience to the cleaning and maintenance of all home venting systems, including fireplace chimneys, heating stove pipes and boiler systems.
- Our team has the tools and training to safely remove flammable creosote from your outdoor boiler.
- The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) recommends that you have your wood boiler inspected once a year and cleaned when necessary (typically every three years).
- Professional cleaning will allow your outdoor boiler to run more efficiently and last longer.
- Boiler cleaning is a dirty job. Let us do it and save you the time and mess.
When Should You Schedule an Outdoor Wood Boiler Inspection & Cleaning?
Warm weather is ideal for outdoor wood boiler inspections and cleaning, because the units can’t be running when the work is done. A proper inspection by our qualified technicians involves removing the door and entering the unit. We use a specialized respirator system to ensure the safety of our crew.
Annual boiler inspections will alert you to early signs of damage or malfunction, allowing you to get necessary repairs made before the problems get out of hand.
Our outdoor wood boiler cleaning service is thorough. We use high-performance drills and sanding discs to clean right down to the bare metal. Our team uses industrial-grade equipment to vacuum the boiler and sweep (clean) the chimney stack.
Finally, we use a lubricant that protects against rust, helps reduce creosote buildup and prolongs the life of the unit.
Get the Wood Boiler Service You Need in Indianapolis
Chimney Solutions can help with all your outdoor wood boiler & wood furnace needs, including inspections, cleanings, and service. We serve homeowners in Rockville, IN, Martinsville, IN, Columbus, IN, Crawfordville, IN, Frankfort, IN, Greencastle, IN, and other local communities. Give us a call at (317) 757-6979, or schedule an appointment here.