Wood Stove Removal in Central Indiana
Chimney Solutions of Indiana is pleased to offer a new wood stove removal service. Many customers throughout Central Indiana want to remove an old, dirty, inefficient, and bulky uncertified wood-burning stove from their home. Even if you don’t have an old-fashioned “pot-bellied” stove, older uncertified stoves burn 70% more emissions than a modern EPA-certified appliance.
Stove Removal Benefits
- One of the most significant advantages of removing an old stove is the disposal of an appliance.
- And if you’re not even using your old stove, getting rid of the heavy relic will reclaim the space for use as a traditional masonry fireplace.
- Or you can install a stunning contemporary energy-efficient wood-burning stove that will complement your home’s interior décor in its place.
Our Certified Chimney Professionals are trained in removing and disposing of outdated or uncertified woodstoves. Below is a typical overview of our professional wood stove removal service:
- The chimney sweep will inspect and clean the stove and flue pipe to ensure its safe removal.
- Disconnecting and removing the old flue and connector piping.
- Replacing the fireplace damper to prevent air and water leaks.
- Repair the rear masonry wall that may have been removed or damaged when the old stove was installed.
- Remove the heavy stove from your home.
- Clean the area for installation of a new EPA-Certified stove or other heating appliance.
How Do I Know If My Stove Is Uncertified?
All certified stoves will have an EPA sticker on the back of the stove. If your stove doesn’t have that label, it is uncertified. Uncertified stoves do not meet existing federal and state emissions standards.
Can I Remove an Old Wood Stove Myself?
Removing an old or uncertified wood stove is not something you should do yourself unless you are a Certified Chimney Sweep®. It is a hefty object, weighing up to 400 pounds or more!
The creosote, dust, and other particulate matter that will fall out when cleaning and disconnecting the piping is hazardous to your health. Our chimney professionals have personal protective gear, including goggles, masks, air regulators, gloves, etc., to prevent breathing or touching these harmful particles. We also use professional tools and equipment like vacuums with HEPA filters to maintain clean air inside your home.
Wood Stove Removal Cost
The cost to remove and dispose of an old wood stove depends on its size, location, condition, and other factors. Call Chimney Solutions at 317-757-6979, and we will gladly provide a free estimate.
Installing A Modern, Energy-Efficient Wood Stove
Chimney Solutions is Indiana’s premier provider of the safest, EPA-certified wood stoves and fireplace inserts in Indiana.
We sell and install a full line of energy-efficient woodstoves that feature the latest technology innovations from America’s most respected brands, including Kozy Heat, MF Fire, Pacific Energy, and Regency®.
Indianapolis Wood Stove Removal Company
Chimney Solutions of Indiana will remove your old dusty wood stove so you can reclaim the space in your home. Call (317) 757-6979 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with a Certified Chimney Professional® today!