Why A CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep Is Worth It
When it comes to the safety of your home and family, taking shortcuts with “chimney sweeps” that do not offer a complete service including an inspection is not worth the small savings that you might get. The cost of overlooked problems or an inadequate look at the chimney system may cost thousands more in repairs or even result in a chimney fire.
Always hire a CSIA pro to take care of your chimney, fireplace, stove and furnace venting.
A lot of people ask for FREE estmates.
We never give estimates without first performing a full inspection. For most sweep and inspections we perform aspects of an NFPA 211 Level 1&2 inspection.
- Rooftop evaluation of the chimney (chimney exterior) to address leaking possible weakpoints, structural issues, etc. (photos provided to customer).
- Camera scan of the chimney interior flue and smoke chamber (phots provided to customer).
- Evaluation of the fire box and damper.
- Evaluation of chimney structure from attic and basement/ crawlspace if accessible.
- Sweep and firebox, smoke chamber, and chimney liner. This removes creosote buildup and debris. Allows better visual for the chimney liner and firebox.
- Take measurements of the fireplace and surround for potential upgrades if the customers desire.
- Based on the information we receive from the inspection, we an made deductions on how the fireplace performs, how the fireplace interacts with the homes existing.
- Pressured systems (known as stack effect), if residential fireplace or building codes are met, how or where water may be leaking from the chimney into the home, if the Fireplace is suitable for use and is free from defects or damage from previous chimney fires, lightning strikes, etc.
- We provide a detailed inspection report showing our findings, along with relative photos.
- We also provide estimates for any repairs we would recommend, or updates/changes requested by the customer.
- We call ahead before arrival on the day of, and we confirm the appointments the day before as well.
- Our technicians respect your home by putting down cloth tarps while working, and wearing shoe covers to keep you floors clean.
- Technicians are well dressed, with company logo apparel.
- Vans are in proper working order with easy to see company logos.
- Our technicians are trained CSIA & NFI certified.
- We spend up to 2 hours at your home to ensure everything is seen, and nothing is missed.
- Inspection reports are sent within 24 hours, and estimates can usually be delivered within the same timeframe.